High School Winter Retreat
“The TREK” is a weekend of fun, fellowship, worship and rest. We are getting away from our phones and fast paced lives to slow down and engage with life giving practices that direct us towards God as we focus on becoming resilient followers of Jesus. We are taking a fleet of RVs back to Refugio State Beach where we will enjoy space to pray, be silent, study and meditate on scripture, share meals together, worship, play, nap, hike, surf, grow in relationships, create, enjoy beauty and so much more! You don’t want to miss this!
The trip cost of $450 covers all transportation and lodging, activities, the cost of trained, adult leaders, OVERFLOW merch, a trip journal, and all things necessary for a safe and fun trip. Due to the rise of inflation across the board, we needed to raise the cost of the trip by $50. This raise is specifically tied to the cost of food and gas for the RVs.
If you need financial assistance, please fill out THIS FORM. Do not hesitate to ask any questions!
Maybe, but we do not take requests; however, new students will always be placed with the friend who brought them and most every student will have someone they are familiar with in their RV. During the day, students are all together and are free to spend time with whoever they would like. The only time that students are separated in groups is for RV time at the end of the night and sleeping. What is the student to leader ratio and who are the leaders?
Our typical ratio for this trip is 4:1 (students to leader). All adult leaders are current small group leaders and OVERFLOW alumni and are well trained for these trips.
If you have more specific questions, please check out our FAQs HERE
If your question has not been answered, please reach out to Jessica at email@example.com
Each day at Trek looks pretty similar to each other. Please see the sample schedule below for a “Day in the Life” at Trek:
07:00a | Student Wake Up & Time with God (Silence, Scripture & Prayer)
08:15a | Breakfast
08:30a | Free Time
- Surfing – Sign ups @ Kitchen
09:00a | Optional Hike
11:45a | Lunch
12:15p | Free Time
12:30p | Surf Competition
04:15p | Camp Transition
- Students get ready for prayer time and dinner
04:45p | Prayer
06:00p | Dinner
07:30p | Church Time (Teaching & Worship)
08:15p | RV Discussions
09:15p | Smores
10:15p | RV Quiet Hours & Bedtime
Please check back later for the Packing List.
In the event that you need to cancel your child(ren)’s trip, please see the Grace Fellowship Church Cancelation Policy HERE.
Trips and Camps:
In the event that you cannot attend a trip and need to cancel, please keep in mind the
- Upon registration, you are responsible for the entire trip cost
- Deposits are always non-refundable and non-transferable
- If the trip did not have an initial deposit, 20% of the trip cost will be considered the non-refundable deposit in the event that you cancel and your spot can be covered from waitlist
- Even if you cancel, final payment will be due 45 days before departure.
- The final payment is considered non-refundable and non-transferable. (See Exceptions)
- If there is no waiting list, there is no possibility of any type of refund.
- Cancellations must be made (and are only official) by submitting this Cancellation Form notifying OVERFLOW staff of your cancellation. (Please note: One form will need to be submitted per child if cancelling for multiple children)
- For events, which did not require a deposit, all payments are considered final and non-refundable and non-transferable. (See Exceptions)
- Waitlist: If a student from the waitlist fills your cancelled spot, you will receive a refund of the entire trip cost except for the deposit. We can send you a refund check or credit the balance back to your account.
- Family Member: You may transfer your spot to another immediate family member only; who’s not already registered.